Port Development Plan
In order to improve the port :
- Prepare the transition phase for the creation of a new infrastructure through participation or engagement of study phases: operational feasibility studies for the CMP and requalification studies of the current site,
- Increase the storage areas by optimizing the space,
- Secure the stopovers : by optimizing the reception potential , and by maintaining a depth of the basin.
Studies related to the Grand Port of Corsica Project (CMP): Scientific, technical and pre-operational studies on the major port project on the Carbonite port: Environmental studies, maritime and hydro-sedimentary hydraulics, terrestrial service, socio-economic (…); Studies inherent to the conduct of the applicable administrative procedures (Water Law, public inquiry (…)
Goal cost: 2,760,000 €
- 50% Etat_PEI 1 380 000 €
- 30% CCI 828 000 €
- 20% Self financingCTC 552 000 €
Feasibility study and acquisition of a tug: This unit will aim to improve boating safety during berthing phases.
Goal cost: 6,075,000€
- 50% Etat_PEI 3,037,500€
- 50% Self-financing CCI 3,037,500€
Study and reconfiguration of berth 8 : Equip this post with two additional berthing dolphins, one for advanced mooring and the other for berthing, thus ensuring enhanced vessel docking.
Goal cost : € 3,100,000 €
- 50% Etat_PEI 1 550 000 €
- 50% Self-financing CCI 1 550 000 €
Dredging and reprofiling of the Saint Nicolas Basin : Maintain a permissible depth (draft) for all ships that usually dock to Bastia and specifically to posts 3 and 4
Goal cost : 1,200,000 €
- 50% Etat_PEI 600 000 €
50% Self-financing CCI 600 000 €
Reconfiguration wastewater treatment area: Reprocessing of vehicle storage areas after deconstruction of the structure.
Goal cost: 300 000 €
- 50% Etat_PEI 150 000 €
- 50% Self-financing CCI 150 000 €
Reconfiguration space concrete: Reprocessing of vehicle storage areas post-deconstruction of the structure.
Hypothesis 1: removal of the concrete area (silos, factory and shed)
Hypothesis 2: removal of the bagging concrete and storage shed
Hypothesis 3: removal of the storage shed
Objective cost: To be determined according to the hypothesis retained
- 50% Subsidy State under the Exceptional Program of Investments for Corsica
- 50% Self-financing Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Bastia and Haute-Corse
The estimated amount of investments over the 2017-2020 period is € 22,085,000, : € 11,360,000 under CTC project management and € 10,725,000 under CCI project management.
Financing plan :
CTC contracting authority:
Goal cost: 11,360,000€
- 50% Etat_PEI 5 680 000 €
- 30% CCI 3 408 000 €
- 20% Self-financing CTC 2 272 000 € uro
CCI project management.
Goal cost: 10,725,000 €
- 50% Etat_PEI 5 362 000 €
- 50% Self-financing CCI 5,362,000 €
In addition to these operations in the short-term, the following points were discussed :
- The possibility of a “Water Front” study: study on the development potential of the tourist attractiveness of Grand Bastia on the coastline.
- The need to study the potential of the current site in the case of requalification: insertion city-port, pleasure, great pleasure and cruising (identification of the complementary and strategic activities from the point of view of the economic development, related activities in connection with the maritime activity and yachting)
- The need to develop and consolidate trade relations with shipowners.